Today was a rough day, not only was it Monday, but it was my last day. I helped the fourth graders polish their biography reports, and worked separately with certain second graders who have been struggling with math. They are just starting multiplication, and I remember how challenging that was for me. I really enjoy working with these kids because I hope that I can in some small way help them understand multiplication better, and perhaps help them to have a more positive experience than I did. The end of the day however, was particularly challenging. Some of the second graders started crying when I told them that I wasn't going to be coming to their classroom anymore. However, I did tell them that my family is on the board at Foote and that I will be around campus in the next coming weeks, and will probably see them in the next couple of years. The fourth graders where so grateful to me, they kept on saying thank you for coming and helping with our papers, etc. It filled me with such joy to see that I could have an impact on some of these kids. This truly was an experience I will never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog