Today I really felt like a teacher... from time to time the teachers have asked me to do organization things, and even grade a few things, but today I spent the whole day grading and organizing. It was pretty wild to think that I am grown enough to grade things! I always thought of that as something that held a lot of responsibility. It was really cool to do, and I was able to work with kids who I found we having a harder time understanding certain concepts. Putting numbers into grade books made my eyes sore! I really do have a greater appreciation for teachers and understand how sometimes they take a little while to grade a test or a paper. Aside from grading and organizing and the occasional sit down with kids to go over their work, I played a really good game of checkers... I am not a checkers player, but a second grade girl asked me to play today and I couldn't say no. She plays with her family so she was surprisingly good, and I was a little embarrassed to be getting beat by a second grader. The girl shared her strategy with me, and she has been the one of the student who hasn't quite warmed up to me being in her class, she is a bit shy and is still more comfortable with her main teacher. But today I think that we broke through that barrier, and it was quite interesting to see her engage in something she was clearly passionate about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog